Pride and Prejudice

1885


Author: Jane Austen

Read: 1/23/2019

Pages: 279

Rating:  6 because I adored this that much I've made an extra rating as I don't think many will come close to how much I loved this.

Format: ebook

Response: I adored this book. It was so lovely and I think everyone needs a Mr. Darcy in their lives. I know I do. 😍

I'll be honest, a lot of the times I watch the movie before I read the books. I know, I'm a disgrace. But movies *make* me want to read the books. And Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightly is one of those that I can watch over and over.


Going into this, I was a little worried it was going to be dense like Shakespeare and I was going to hate it, and eventually hate the movie version. But it turns out I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to read. Sometimes I had to re-read a sentence to understand the undertones, but it was nicely written with a nice flow.

I really loved the ending as it showed what happened to each Bennett daughter. Elizabeth and Georgianna became as close as sister, which is what Darcy had always hoped for, which allowed Georgianna to live with them at Pemberley was so sweet. Kitty was taken in by Jane and Elizabeth and taught the proper way of behaving made me so happy for her that she had a chance at a good life with Lydia gone. I laughed when Jane and Bingley moved closer to Elizabeth and Darcy after not being able to stay close to Mrs. Bennett any longer than a year. 

As for Lydia, I have no sympathy on how her life turned out. Just, ugh.

This book is beautiful and I love it. HIGHLY recommend. 💛

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TV shows that made me want to read the books

City of Lost Souls

Great DIY Bookshelves