Dead Until Dark

6316683


Author: Charlaine Harris

Read: 2/3/2019

Pages: 340

Rating: 3/5

Format: ebook 

Response: 

"Criminal trash like the Rats roamed the highways and trailer parks of America, not smart enough or moral enough to settle down to productive living. They never made a positive mark on the world, or amounted  to a hill of beans, to my way of thinking." 

There were parts of this book, like that quote, that I loved and made me laugh. And others that made me snort from how dumb it was. It was a decent book and I'll be continuing the series as it kept me entertained and it was a quick read. This was a fiction book, so it worked for one of the February bingo prompts, even if it didn't get me a bingo in the end.

The main issue I had was Bubba. I didn't mind that he was (spoiler?) …. Elvis, what I minded was the execution of it. Bubba was turned by fan who worked in autopsy that brought him back. But it turned out it was a mistake because of all the drugs he had taken, which messed him up a bit. Because of this, and the fact that he's such a well known person, the vampires pass him around amongst themselves giving him jobs to do. One of the jobs is protecting Sookie. I didn't mind that he was basically her bodyguard, what I minded was that instead of saying that Bubba was Elvis, they made references that you probably only understood if you were a fan of his, or born in that generation. So for a millennial, it was a giant what the actual hell is going on. It took a google search to figure it out, and I shouldn't have to google a book unless I want spoilers. 

This is where I found the information about Bubba.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TV shows that made me want to read the books

City of Lost Souls

Great DIY Bookshelves