Norse Mythology

37903770

Author: Neil Gaiman

Read: 1/7/2019

Pages: 304

Rating: 5 

Format: audio 

Response: From the author that brought you American Gods... which I have not read. I was a little nervous about reading this book because of a couple of reasons. I've taken mythology classes in college, and I was worried that the book was going to be structured like a textbook. Long, boring, and descriptive. With this I was proved wrong on all counts. The book isn't very long compared to some of the other books that I read, so when I saw it was only 6 hours long, it was like Christmas was happening again for me. Gaiman used his imagination to add dialog into the stories making them more entertaining. He also started from the beginning and continued it to Ragnarok. There was a clear path that he followed, which was wonderful. I was also skeptical of it being an audio book, but Gaiman was both entertaining and soothing in his reading of his book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TV shows that made me want to read the books

City of Lost Souls

Great DIY Bookshelves