Escaping from Houdini

30375937

Author: Kerri Maniscalco

Read: 9/26/2018

Pages: 416

Rating:  3.5

Format: Audio

Response: The Third installment of Kerri Maniscalco's YA mystery series was a perfect addition to the set. The entire book was a satisfying journey from England to America full of twists and turns. I assumed with a name like "escaping from Houdini", the murderer wouldn't be Houdini, but Maniscalco had me questioning that through the second half of the book. there is so much to offload with the ending of this book. The reason I have this book as a 3.5, is despite how much I loved it, the ending was garbage. First of all, Cresswell leaving without Audrey!? I'm not okay. These two are goals and she nearly died for him. Like, come on. Second, the Epilogue wasn't well written to know if Cresswell actually comes back to Audrey, or leaves for his investigation. I couldn't tell if it was a day dream of Audrey Rose's or if it was reality. Maybe it was lost in translation between paper and audio, but it left me upset. I would definitely read again, just maybe skip the ending. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TV shows that made me want to read the books

City of Lost Souls

Great DIY Bookshelves