Books I Hate



There aren't many books that I hate, I try to read books I know I'm going to like since I buy a lot of the books I read. Here I'll list my top 4 books I hate. From least (maybe I just disliked a certain part), to most hated. 

I'm going to start this with Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling. This was not a bad book by any means. Personally, I haven't been able to get through it, fully, more than once. It's a love hate relationship. The only reason it is on this list is because it's just full of scenes that cause so many feels that it's hard for me to read. Seeing James and Sirius be dicks to Snape? No thanks. Umbridge? Screw her. Sirius dying? Like come on, I didn't need that in my life.

The Crown by Kiera Cass wasn't a bad book either, it just could've been better. I honestly think that it should've been combined into The Heir and it wouldn't have felt so lacking. I get that the plot was to really buckle down and find a husband for real, but it just felt like it was rushed. Not the worst book I've read, but not the best.

The Vampire Diaries series by L.J. Smith was a cluster fuck. I couldn't even tell you about it farther than it was about two brothers and a girl that looked exactly like their ex. It was an insane book series that I gave up on after a couple of books. 

The American Heiress by Daisy Goodwin is a ridiculous book that could've been so much more. There was a a "love triangle" that was painful to read, and missed opportunities every direction for a plot that was seriously lacking. I couldn't even really tell you what the point of the book was other than the main character, Cora, looking for a husband who had a title. And that was accomplished in the first few chapters. I would never recommend this book. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TV shows that made me want to read the books

City of Lost Souls

Great DIY Bookshelves