Glass Sword


Author: Victoria Aveyard

Read: 7/28/2017

Pages: 444

Rating: 4/5

Format: audio

Book Description: Hunted by Maven, now a vindictive king, Mare sets out to find and recruit other Newblood fighters to join in the struggle against the crown. But Mare finds herself on a deadly path, at risk of becoming exactly the kind of monster she is trying to defeat.


Response: In the first book Mare is trying to figure out what she is, as well as revenging her brother's death. The second book has less uncertainty and focuses on finding Newbloods. It kept me interested like Red Queen, even if it had parts that were slow and felt like they didn't have real purpose at times other than to fill the page. The Mare and Cal scenes had purpose and were perfectly implanted in the story. The ending stabbed my heart with a piece of metal and I'm not sure how the Aveyard will make up for it. The last comment I have is that Maven is more psychotic in this book, and the leash scene had me internally flinching for Mare.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TV shows that made me want to read the books

City of Lost Souls

Great DIY Bookshelves