The Heir

22918050


Author: Kiera Cass

Read: 9/23/2017

Pages: 342

Rating: 4/5

Format: audio

Response: The Heir is the 4th book in The Selection series. To be honest, I skipped the first three books in the series. This one was on sale on Audible, and I'm not above a buy one get one free. Also, I read enough of the description to know that I could skip 1-3 and still be able okay to know what's going on. The Heir picks up years later when Eadlyn is old enough to have a selection of her own. Eadlyn is not someone you typically like for a main character, she's your typical disconnected princess who's spoiled and entitled. But the fact that she tries SO hard to be perfect at everything while dealing with internal conflicts and self doubt was so endearing that I wanted her to to be the best future Queen, without a husband by her side. She agree to the selection to help her parents, while she has no intention of finishing it with a wedding. But Eadlyn looses her brother, and then tragedy strikes, making Eadlyn more determined then ever to find a husband (for real). She shows throughout how vulnerable and naive she is in so many aspects. It was a cute book that kept me entertained the entire way through, and the cliffhanger had me excited for The Crown.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TV shows that made me want to read the books

City of Lost Souls

Great DIY Bookshelves